1. Cookies on our Website
1.1 What are Cookies?
These are files installed on your computer hard drive or web browser to collect information such as your language of preference, browsing history and browser type and version.
1.2 What types of cookies do we Use and how long do they last for?
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories – please see the table below for which are applicable:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these cookies are required for the operation of our website. They enable core functionality, such as security, network management and accessibility. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
- Analytical and performance cookies – these cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. They help us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies (First-party) – these cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. They enable us to personalise our content for you, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Marketing cookies (Third-party)– these cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They uniquely identify your browser and internet device to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. We will Use this information to record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social media cookies (Third-party)– these cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of our interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
The cookies we place on your device are stored for the following duration – please see the table below for which are applicable:
- Session cookies – these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
Persistent cookies – these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache. Details of their duration are set out below.
1.3 Detailed cookie information
The table below provides more information about the cookies we Use and why:
|Cookie||Domain||The type of cookie||Duration||What do they do?|
|__cf_bm||.fonts.net||Functional||30 minutes||Set by Cloudflare and is used to support Cloudflare Bot Management|
|YSC||.youtube.com||Advertisement||Session||Set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages|
|DEVICE_INFO||.youtube.com||Other||5 months, 27 days||Used to track user’s interaction with embedded content.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||.youtube.com||Advertisement||5 months, 27 days||Set by Youtube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface|
|CONSENT||.youtube.com||Analytics||2 years||Set by YouTube via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data|
|_ga||.zafin.com||Analytics||1 year, 1 month, 4 days||Installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors|
|_gid||.zafin.com||Analytics||1 day||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.||_gat||.zafin.com||Performance||1 minute||This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to restrain request rate and thus limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.|
|_gcl_au||.zafin.com||Analytics||3 months||Provided by Google Tag Manager to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services.|
|_gat_gtag_UA||.zafin.com||Analytics||1 minute||A variation of the _gat cookie set by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to allow website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance.|
|test_cookie||.doubleclick.net||Advertisement||15 minutes||Set by doubleclick.net and is used to determine if the user’s browser supports cookies|
|__cf_bm||.cookielaw.org||Functional||30 minutes||Set by Cloudflare, is used to support Cloudflare Bot Management|
|_omappvp||.zafin.com||Analytics||1 year, 1 month, 4 days||Set to distinguish new and returning users and is used together with _omappvs cookie|
|_omappvs||.zafin.com||Analytics||20 minutes||Used together with _omappvp cookies, used to determine if the visitor has visited the website before or if It is a new visitor.|
|UserMatchHistory||.linkedin.com||Functional||1 month||Set by LinkedIn for Ads ID syncing|
|AnalyticsSyncHistory||.linkedin.com||Analytics||1 month||Set by LinkedIn to store information about the time a sync took place with the lms_analytics cookie. Used to support Zafin learning.|
|bcookie||.linkedin.com||Functional||1 year||LinkedIn sets this cookie from LinkedIn share buttons and ad tags to recognized browser ID|
|Lidc||.linkedin.com||Functional||1 day||LinkedIn sets the lidc cookie to facilitate data center selection|
|In_or||.zafin.com||Analytics||1 day||Set by LinkedIn to register statistical data on users’ behaviour on the website for internal analytics|
|bscookie||.linkedin.com||Functional||1 year||Set by LinkedIn to store performed actions on the website|
|Li_gc||.linkedin.com||Functional||5 months, 27 days||Set by LinkedIn to store visitors consent regarding using cookies for non-essential purposes.|
|OptanonConsent||.zafin.com||Necessary||1 year||OneTrust sets this cookie to store details about the site’s cookie category and check whether visitors have given or withdrawn consent from the use of each category|
We periodically review the cookies we Use and update our cookie table and this Notice accordingly.
Where the table indicates that we use essential cookies, we will Use your Personal Information on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to do so as essential cookies are necessary for our website to work. Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like further detail about our legitimate interests.
Where we collect information about you from our website using non-essential cookies, we will Use your Personal Information on the basis that you have given us your consent. There is a cookie banner on our homepage which asks for your consent to place cookies on your device. Please note that if you do not consent to certain cookies it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the website or to get the benefit of the full functionality of the website.
1.5 Management of Cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies being placed by configuring your browser. For more details, see www.aboutcookies.org or www.allboutcookies.org. You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work or stop working properly.